Thursday, March 24, 2005

No, it's YOUR turn to walk the dog!

Well after about 4 years of talking about getting a dog and actually visiting a shelter a couple of years ago, we are just about taking the plunge.

We passed our final interview with a very nice woman from the Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue of Colorado last night. Well, the funny thing it is not like it is that tough to "pass". I think they just want to meet you and make sure you are not some freak and live in a hole.

So now we sit back and wait for a phone call. Once they have a Golden that fits our profile (2-3 years old), they call and schedule a time to meet the dog. The real kicker will be if my allergies will react or not. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Stay tuned for an update and pictures when we do adopt!

On another note, for those following my new bike story, the frame is in and is currently being built at the shop. Ufortunately there are none in my size available in the color I wanted. So I am getting this one.

1 comment:

davegannon said...

hey kids! congrats! that is so exciting that you are getting a dog. AND a Golden! My sister has one and they LOVE him. he is loyal, obedient,needy, but well behaved and pretty smart! They do shed, but if you keep them groomed ( comb out in the lawn) once or twice a day and give them good baths, he/she will be awesome!.
i just have one question: "why not a dachshund?" hee hee. Great choice and let me know when you all want to go for a "walk".