Monday, December 19, 2005

Ocotillo

I want to give a rave review of a fairly new restaurant that we went to a couple of weeks ago. I would give Ocotillo 4 1/2 out of 5 stars!

This place is in Greenwood Village so it may be a little bit of a drive for you city dwellers, but I tell you it is worth it! I had one of their special mojitos and it was so good I had to have another. We shared the house specialty guacamole that they prepare tableside and that was muy bueno. We also shared the Southwest Stack. The main courses were excellent (Mission Tamales & Hatch Chile Chicken), the Mexican chocolate creme brulee was a fantastic way to finish.

The atmosphere was very nice. I wouldn't say romantic, but very close. The service was very good. Our server was super nice, very knowledgeable and accommodating. I thought that he looked like younger version of Ty Pennington.

Anyway, you need to try it out. And after you eat there, go to their sister restaurant, Ventura Grill which is 2 doors down and another fabulous find.

No comments: