Saturday, January 14, 2012

Harassed by Code Investigator

At approximately 12:55p today on the NE corner of 16th Ave & Fillmore St. I had witnessed a City of Denver Code Investigator, in the city van, calling over to a man who had his little dog off leash. As I approached the man with the dog I made a comment about the strict enforcement. At that point the code investigator stopped his van and commented to me through the passenger side window. I really wish I had a recording because his comments to me were so far over reaching & with the attitude of "I'm in charge citizen" that I needed to share this. One of these comments was, "I can write you a ticket for interfering". What was I interfering with? He made his comments to the 'offender' he was driving away & I make a comment to the 'offender'. If anything he was interfering with my conversation.


I really want to know what happened to the old days when we didn't have to walk around worried that we were going to break a law that didn't even hurt anyone. These people are thugs & bullies. I hate to judge people & I have learned it is ok as long as I am responsible for my judgements, which I am. Was he bullied as a kid? Now he is an enforcer & can ticket people. This is the classic case of where this guy is taking his responsibility too far. We are now so used to seeing this & it truly is getting worse. Get in line, listen to me, pay your taxes, we know what is right for you etc.!

I am so nauseated with this behavior. It is bad enough were were having problems with the Denver Police Department & now we are being harassed by the average city employee with a badge.

Disgusted in Denver.


No comments: