Thursday, February 21, 2008

ACLU

I am sure you have heard of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union). I know I have heard there name in news as long as I can remember. I am not sure why I have never checked them out, but last night we went to one of their Young Professionals events. Wow, what an eye opener! We met 20 or so like minded young people who believe, like we do, that our civil liberties & rights are being eroded daily by the government.

The speaker was State Representative Terrance Carroll. What a great story he has. Hearing him speak and seeing all the other folks in attendance keeps me inspired to stay informed and not get too discouraged.

The local chapter is having an Advocacy Conference this Saturday. I will be attending and checking them out a little more. I feel this is an organization I may be able to stand behind.

No comments: