Thursday, May 26, 2005

Caution! New Scam! ;)

My wife & I had recently (about 2 weeks ago) visited Quiznos store #5 (3200 South Wadsworth Boulevard in Lakewood) and noticed that they have a sign (homemade) posted that said, tomatoes only upon request. I thought that was odd. I ordered my sandwich (Classic Italian) and my wife orderd her's (Turkey lite). And I had indicated that I would like tomatoes on my sandwich since the sign said I needed to ask for them (even though the menu above my head says they are part of the sandwich).

After getting our sandwiches and looking at my receipt, I noticed I was charged an extra $.20 for tomatoes. I inquired as to why and I was told because I asked for them. I then indicated that per their sign I had to ask for them if I wanted them even though it was shown on the menu as an included item. She told me that this just went into affect (within the last hour) and they have not been able to change the menu sign. I mentioned that the sandwich is supposed to have the tomatoes as part of the recipe, but they indicate that now i have to ask for them. So I now have to pay the full price of the sandwich plus an extra $.20 for tomatoes that are supposed to be included? I told her that $.20 is not a big deal but they need to figure out what they are doing before they implement something.

To cap this all off, my wife shows me her sandwich which has tomatoes on it and she never even asked and was not charged extra. What is going on here? Must be a conspiracy against men...now that I remember, there were 3 workers there and they were all women! A HA! Figured it out...

I told them that I would never step foot into this store again and make sure my friends and neighbors do the same. I have never felt that comfortable in that store and this caps it off. There are always homemade signs about not sitting in certain areas because they are closed (this section closed) and not to take too many napkins or condiments, but they leave a pot of Aus Jus sauce sitting on the counter to take as much as you want. I know that stuff is not cheap!

I still enjoy Quiznos and will still patronize some stores. I have been in there enough times to know who the owners/managers are and did notice that the women who, from what I understand, is part owner/manager didn't even have the guts or smarts to come talk to us about it. Maybe then she could have at least made me understand what they were doing. She let her teenage worker do that instead. Unfortunately, this is the sign of the times, poor customer service.

There are some of you who think I am a little over the top with this and saying, get over it, but trust me, I have been going to this store for over 6 years and this finally put me over the edge. I only went to this location because it was close to home and more convenient.

No comments: