Friday, May 20, 2005

Smoothie King vs. Jamba Juice

So on my way to work this morning I decided to get a smoothie. I noticed that there is a new store (Smoothie King) that opened in the DTC. They are new to the area but have been around since 1973.

I ordered a Peach Slice Plus thinking that hmmm... I'm in the mood for some peach. I get the smoothie and taste it and the girl asks me how it is. I said that I had ordered a peach flavored drink and was wondering if that is what she made because it tasted like strawberry. She & a co-worker said that the strawberry flavor overpowers the peach. So I mentioned that they may want to change the name of the drink or change the recipe. They were very nice and added more peach to make it taste like I think it should (peach). Price for 20oz with tax: $4.61

Rating: 2 out of 4
The store was clean, has a lot to offer as far as supplements, drinks, bars etc., the staff was very friendly. However, I will stick to Jamba Juice for now, unless of course someone wants to take me back to Smoothie King and buy me a drink to give them another shot.

No comments: